Interfaces also often play an important role in bioengineering processes for wastewater and exhaust air treatment, such as when microorganisms or enzymes are immobilized on carriers in order to increase catalyst density. A further research area is the investigation, analysis and simulation of membrane-aided catalysis processes for environmental engineering applications.
Main fields of research
- Process development for industrial biotechnology
- Microalgae production processes in photobioreactors
- Sorption heat storage, superheated steam drying
- Crystallization and recovery of inorganic nutrients
- Particle suspensions and emulsions in electric fields
- Membrane development and membrane processes
- Water treatment
You're looking for? We offer.
We offer interesting topics for your bachelor, master and doctoral theses. Contact our group leaders directly!