We use genome-wide methods to analyze cellular and microbial systems, in particular their interaction with the environment, e.g. in infection processes. For diagnostics we use microarrays with specially modified surfaces. The Institute is also involved in investigating the potential of microorganisms and enzymes for use in industrial biotechnology.
Main fields of research
- Identification of biomarkers
- Screening for enzymes and microorganisms
- Microarray technologies
- Interactions between microorganisms and surfaces
- Host-pathogen interactions (viruses, bacteria, fungi)
- Virus-based therapies
- Synthetic biology
- Development of cell-based assays
- Cell-free protein synthesis
Our research projects
- Complete laboratory over a few square centimeter (only in german)
You're looking for? We offer.
We offer interesting topics for your bachelor, master and doctoral theses. Contact our group leaders directly!