The scope of the topics can be adjusted. Feel free to contact us.
New Solvers for the fullwave reflectometry code IPF-FD3D
- For the 2D version
- Hexagonal grid: finite difference time domain (FDTD) scheme exists for vacuum, need to add plasma effects, UPML absorbing boudary conditions
- 4th order methods: central differences in time and space AND coupling to plasma, simultaneous 4th order (simultaneous may not be possible)
Numerical investigation of poloidal correlation reflectometry
- Microwave beam sent to plasma with several receiving antennas
- Each receiving antenna defines different beam geometry, probing a different poloidal position
- Correlation of signals from different positions yields poloidal rotation direction or the pitch angle of magnetic field lines
- Turbulence from codes can be used as input for realistic scenarios
Investigations for quasi-optical mitre bends
- Mitre-bends are the typical waveguide components for highly oversized waveguides because they are more compact than continuous bends
- For moderately oversized waveguides, diffraction effects can partly be compensated with quasi-optical designs
- Quasi-optical mitre-bends can accurately be calculated with PROFUSION.
- The work consists of parameter studies for different ratios of wavelength and waveguide diameter and the investigation of the broadband performance.